There's nothing better than good hard facts to make an arguement. I'm going to make one you can't poke holes in today. Let's get it on, I challenge your critical response and welcome your input.
If you own a business, you prefer to be successful rather than fail. You're motivated, passionate, driven, determined, and work your damn ass off. If you disagree with this point skip the rest of the article.
You want to grow, no business has a goal of staying exactly where they are and if you're not moving forward you're going backwards. You can bet your competitors qualify for point #1 too. How we doing? I'm still winning right?
The internet isn't going away. Business is being done online in massive proportions and it's growing every day. If you're not generating a significant portion of your overall revenue via the internet, you're doing it wrong. I've heard your excuses and reasons before, save them for a few minutes. The people you want to buy what you're selling are ALL OVER the internet EVERY DAY.
There's nothing better than facts to back up points. It's worth saying twice, I'm winning aren't I?
These 7 facts will prove my points, open your eyes, make you feel stupid.
*Statistics courtesy of HubSpot
- Companies that blog get 55% more web traffic and 70% more leads than those that don't
- Blog posts that were shared on just Twitter had 113% more inbound links than those not shared on social media at all.
- B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those that do not.
- Businesses that blog at least 20 times per month generate 5X more traffic and 4X more leads than those that only blog a few times per month.
- About 46% of daily internet users read more than one blog every day.
- 65% of daily internet users read a blog.
- Blog posts that were shared on Twitter and Facebook got 149% more inbound links than those not shared on social media at all.
- Facebook is now the most preferred way of sharing content – second only to email.
- 46% of daily searches are for research on products or services. The more pages you have, the better chance you have of ranking high.
- 89% of US internet users search online before they make a purchase, even when the purchase is made at a local business.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links than those that don't.
- 35% of American adults have a smartphone and 87% of smartphone owners access the internet on their mobile devices.
- 86% of C-level executives use a smartphone.
- 57% of small businesses say social media is beneficial to their business
- Companies with over 1,000 Twitter followers get 6X more traffic.
- 79% of US Twitter users are more likely to recommend the brands that they follow.
- More than 1/2 of active Twitter users follow companies, brands, or products on social networks.
- 93% of US adult internet users are on Facebook
- Businesses with 31 to 40 landing pages get 7X more leads than those with only 1 to 5.
- Email database expires at a rate of 25% per year.
- Businesses with more than 40 landing pages get 12X more leads than those with only a few landing pages.
- 36% of daily internet users read 5 to 10 blog posts per day.
- 52% of 55-64 year old internet users have joined a social network
- US Internet users spend 3X more time on blogs and social networks than on email.
- Companies that use Twitter average 2x more leads per month than those that do not.
- 39% of B2B companies using Twitter have acquired new customers from it.
- Including enticing offers and relevant links in your social media stream can increase your lead generation rate by 90% or more.
If those stats don't rip your face off with shame for not doing a better job marketing your business then you're probably already doing a great job. If I didn't win this arguement we didn't have you need to show me how I lost. Facts don't lie. The internet marketing world is on fire, it's where business is being done.
If you know you're not where you need to be then let's get to work. It's a lot easier to reach your goals with the help of a Denver marketing company like us.
Don't feel stupid for not taking advantage of the internet marketing groundswell, take action to change things. You'll feel smarter than hell in a couple months!